Teenagers are the keepers of the holy fire. Their youthful quest for passion and things worth dying for is a prophetic message to the church: be alive! At Christ UMC, we are creating a youth ministry where teenagers grow in faith and community, while discovering in Christ a love worth living for!
- Sun. Aug 7 from 5pm to 6:30pm - Serving on the Sevens! - We will meet in the air-conditioned kitchen to make dog treats for the Oregon Humane Society.
- Sat. Aug 13 from 9am to 2pm - Aloha Youth Service Day - Join other local UMC youth to help Aloha UMC (2270 SW 198th Ave, Beaverton, OR 97006) with yard work, painting, organizing, and/or completing other projects. Lunch is provided for free. More information and registration is available here.
- Sun. Aug 14 from 5pm to 6:60pm - Game Night (Alien or others depending on the number of people we have) - Our group will be in the main building playing games and visiting.
- Tue. Aug 16 from 3:30pm to 6:30pm - Assemble Back to School Kits - Come to the Fanno Creek (6220 SW 112th Ave, Beaverton, OR 97008) to work with other local UMC youth to help sort and assemble back to school kits for the city of Beaverton to distribute. Here are the links for more information and for registration.
- Sun. Aug 21 - details TBD - I'm working with the youth leader at Tigard UMC to arrange a water balloons afternoon of fun.
- Date TBD from 9am to 6pm - Beach Cleanup Day -
We'll leave the church at 9am and drive to Seaside where we will pick up litter on the beach. We'll take a break for lunch and then enjoy the beach for awhile. At 3:30, we'll have ice cream (or equivalent) and then head home for a 6pm pickup at the church.
What We Do:
- Youth Cafe – On Sundays, we'll meet at 5pm. Specific events will be posted above and on the calendar.
- Serving on the Sevens – Monthly service projects on the 7th day of each month.
- Annual Events – Winter Retreat, Summer Camp, Mission Trips, and the International Youth Conference (every 4 years)
- Try New Things! - Please email Crystal with ideas you have about what you think would be cool (and could maybe help plan or host!).
- Medical Authorization Form- All youth need to have a medical authorization form on file before their parents can leave them at youth events. Paper copies are available, as is the electronic form here.
- Volunteer to Help with Youth- It takes all of us to integrate youth into church life, showing them the diversity, generosity, and joy of the church community.
- Background Check- We run a background check on everyone that serves in our children and youth ministries. If you would like to serve, here is the form. If you would be willing to donate $10 to help offset the costs we would much appreciate it.