For over 40 years CUMC has supported families in need at Christmas time. This year is especially difficult in the midst of a pandemic and economic problems. But we have partnered with Kinnaman School again this year to provide Christmas gifts and food for over 250 people. Kinnaman Grade School is located in an area of low income with many of the students on meal assistance.
Changes are necessary to do Christmas Sharing safely this year.
One big change is that instead of hanging gift suggestion tags in the church hallway, we now have an electronic registry. Before you go to the Gift Registry here are a few guidelines:
- REGISTER - Please register (form below) so we know how to reach you if necessary. A link to the Gift Registry will appear after you complete the form below.
- SELECT A TAG - Once you have the link to the Gift Registry, scroll through it and find a person you would like to sponsor and add your name in to "Sponsor Name" column. Tags that are already assigned will be highlighted in green. Remember, you don’t have to buy everything a person has requested. We suggest one gift for adults and 2-3 for kids (including at least one toy for younger kids).
- BUY GIFTS - If you don't feel comfortable shopping you can also donate financially. Please contact John or Pat Gruher.
- WRAP GIFTS - Please wrap your gifts, put a tag on each with the family number and first name, and add a removable note to indicate what you are providing.
- RETURN GIFTS TO THE CHURCH BY DEC. 14 - The church will be open Monday through Friday from 2:00 to 4:00 starting November 30. Please remember to fill in the date on the Gift Registry when you return your gifts. If you are not able to drop off your gifts at the church please let us know and we will arrange to have them pick them up.
Thank you for your great help making Christmas brighter for other people.