Church Administrative Assistant
We are seeking a Church Administrative Assistant to assist the pastor in administrative, financial, and membership documentation and information gathering. This position also supports various work groups to ensure the church runs smoothly.
The hours for this position are M-F, 10 am - 2 pm.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain communications: phones, email, and mail.
- Assist people coming into the office for church business or public information.
- Direct communications to appropriate ministry or staff member.
- Maintain church calendar and schedules.
- Assist the pastor in gathering information.
- Manage office budget.
- Update and keep member/visitor information in database.
- Edit and disseminate church announcements (print and digital).
- Maintain church office space.
- Attend weekly staff meeting.
Reliable & Dependable -
Take personal responsibility for job performance. Complete work in a timely and consistent
manner. Keep commitments.
Planning Skills -
Plan and organize tasks and work responsibilities to achieve objectives. Set priorities.
Schedule activities. Allocate and use resources properly
Oral & Written Communication and Interpersonal Skills -
Able to interact and communicate with people effectively. Have an excellent command of the
English language, including basic composition, grammar, and punctuation.
Computer Skills -
Must have strong computer skills, including use of internet, email, and publishing programs.
Decision Making & Problem Solving Skills -
Gather relevant information and make sound decisions based on facts and data.
Respects those within the organization in order to build relationships and stay committed to
the philosophies of the Church.
Honesty & Integrity -
Maintain confidentiality for financial and personnel records of Church staff, volunteers, and
High School Diploma, 2 years administrative or office experience preferred.
Computer and office equipment literacy; Microsoft office software proficiency.
Customer service experience and knowledge of daily office requirements preferred.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com