For over 40 years Christ UMC has supported families in need at Christmas time. We have overcome snow, ice, and communication mishaps. But 2020 has been shaping up as the most challenging year of all! However, the need is even greater this year. Many families are without work and struggling to get by. So once again, we are called on to make their Christmas a bit brighter!
Changes are needed to make this work. The biggest ones are:
1. Instead of posting tags in the hallway, we will have an online registry where you can browse the gift requests and sign up to buy. ONLINE REGISTRATION WILL GO LIVE NOVEMBER 22.
2. We will be giving out grocery gift cards instead of our usual food sort.
3. We will deliver (safely) the morning of December 19. But you will be able to pick up gifts and grocery cards a day or two in advance to avoid a crowd at the church.
To make this all work, we need your help. Please contact John Gruher at email@example.com or 503-641-3504 if you can help with any of these tasks:
- Make phone calls to families in November to obtain gift requests.
- Shop for gifts for those who cannot do it on their own.
- Help wrap gifts.
- Adopt a family (buy the gifts for the whole family). We can help find a family that is a good fit.
- Deliver gifts and gift cards on December 19.
- Donate to Christmas Sharing (we will spend $4,000 on groceries alone).
We will all miss the great sense of a church community working together and are hopeful that in 2021 we can return to our usual way of doing Christmas Sharing. We thank you for your support and love of your neighbors.